This Privacy notice was last updated on 7th May 2018 in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) requirements.
This Privacy notice explains what information AMb Travel* (‘the Group’, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’) gather about you, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to
It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
We take data protection very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy notice describes how we handle personal information collected by any means, including through our website.
It is our policy to collect only the minimum information required from you. If you believe we have collected excessive information about you, please contact us to raise any concerns you may have.
In this Privacy notice your personal information is sometimes called "personal data". We sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as ‘processing’.
Although you do not have to provide any of your personal information to us, if we ask you to do so and you refuse, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you want from us.
Personal information is anything that enables you to be identified or identifiable, e.g. your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Below are some examples of how you may provide personal information to us:
Calling us by telephone to:
- Hire a coach
- Searching and browsing our website for content
- Requesting a brochure
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Entering or responding to our surveys or competitions
- Submitting CVs or work history information
- Contacting us for further information
- Providing us with business cards or other contact information
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you provide your personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this Privacy notice or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- To provide a service to you that you have requested
- To administer and manage our websites
- To develop our businesses and services
- To conduct quality and risk management reviews
- To monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Business; and
- Any other purposes for which you provided the information to us, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of personal information’ section above.
We do not collect personally identifying information for sale to others.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- To perform our contractual obligations to you; or
- If necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests
- To satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject
- (Where no other condition for processing is available) if you have agreed to us processing your personal information
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information we have collected, and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure.
We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer, share or disclose the personal data we collect from you to other organisations for:
The purposes listed above under use of personal information (e.g. to facilitate your trip or holiday by passing on your personal information to hotels, ferry companies etc.).
The administration and maintenance of our websites and/or
Other internal or administrative purposes
We also may transfer share or disclose your personal information to providers of website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
These other organisations may use subcontractors that have access to your personal data. It is our policy to use other organisations that will provide appropriate levels of security and confidentiality and will process personal information only as instructed by us, and to impose those same obligations down to their sub-processors.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Transfer outside the EEA will be only:
To a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
Under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA.
We may also disclose personal information to other organisations under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by you
- When required to deliver publications or reference materials as requested by you
- When required to facilitate accommodation or transport provided by another organisation
- As otherwise set out in this privacy notice
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and others, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Normally, this means we will retain your personal information for 6 years. For more information please see our Retention of Records Policy
Where we are legally required to obtain your consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
- If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive emails known as newsletters.
- If you want to unsubscribe from our newsletter(s), you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided to you on the email.
- If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making or profiling.
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy and we never knowingly collect personal information about individuals under the age of 18.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy notice or the way your personal information is processed by us, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
Email: [email protected] or by Post: 45 Kingsnorth Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 6JB
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted by the following means:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers). If you're calling from outside the UK please call +44 1625 545 700.
Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
We may update this Privacy notice at any time by publishing an updated version here. So that you know when we make changes to this Privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended Privacy notice will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Privacy notice periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.